Friday, February 8, 2013

#9 Zen Garden

Well it is one week until my birthday and I am realizing that I didn't accomoplish my whole list.  But as in this one Build a Zen Garden, I did most of it, just didn't finish before the summer was over.  I had put more summer activities on than I had time for.  So to build a zen garden, I did buy a Buddha and put curbing around the area that is to be the garden.  I shopped all summer for the perfect Buddha.  I wanted a traditional southeast Asia one and not the fat one. I finally found one at Ross I think.  He has been sitting out there since about July.  Then early in the summer I put curbing around all the flower beds in my back yard and where the zen garden will be.  I love it.  I wish I had done it earlier.  I am excited for summer to come so I can plant some flowers in the flower beds.  I did buy a couple of bushes and perrinals and planted them but it will need some more flowers to fill it up.  I kinda like the nature look.  So with the zen garden, I need to dig it out a little and then fill it up with sand and get a wooden rake and maybe a little wooden platform to sit on and zen and it will be done.  So not fully finished but half way there.

No comments:

Post a Comment