Friday, February 8, 2013

#35 Go back to School

This post kinda goes with 34.  Last spring I got an email from Southern Utah University advertising maters degrees.  We get those all the time so I don't know why I just didn't delete it.  I didn't and over the summer looked into it a little.  A few summers ago there was a geography seminar at SUU and I really enjoyed the seminar and the school and facilities.  I knew that if I continued in teaching then I needed to get a masters to get paid more but then I am half way in my career and felt like I needed a change.  Changing schools is a big change but honestly since our school moved out of Albion, into Cottonwood Heights (me moved into  Butler) and then moved back to our new school, really everything was already packed.  Still is actually.  Boxes in my garage, posters under my bed, it won't be a big deal besides leaving the people.  I regress....so I looked into SUU.  It sounded good and felt right.  So during the process of applying to high schools I also applied for entrance to SUU to get a Masters in Education with an Administrative License.  I was accepted and have started in January.  I am doing my first administrative internship at Albion right now and will start classes in the summer.  I am excited to have a goal to aim toward.  I didn't ever think I would want to be an administrator, but I couldn't see myself teaching for 15-20 more years either.  I hope to be finished in two years from next fall so two and a half years I guess.  I would like to eventually be a principal at an elementary school.  I guess I will see where this all will take me but like I said it is good for me to have a goal to work on.   Go Thunderbirds....I should take a trip to Cedar and buy a sweatshirt or something.   

No comments:

Post a Comment