Wednesday, July 17, 2013

#16

This one I have needed to do for 5 years.  My brother Fletcher fell from a constructions site almost 6 years ago.  He is fine and recovered however it was a really hard thing to go through as a family.  It is impossible to describe seeing your baby brother laying there not knowing if he will make it or not.  As a big sister I was supposed to protect him and wasn't able to or even help once it happened.  So #16 is that I wrote up that incident and what my perceptions of it were.  It was hard to write and relive.  It ended up being 6 pages long single spaced.  I will file it away for maybe his kids to read when I am gone.  During Fletcher's accident I came to really know that I love my family.  I came to know our capacity to work together for a common goal and support one another.  I came to know the deep love my parents have for Fletcher and then all of us.  The hardest was to see them go through those events.  In the very beginning when Fletcher fell, I prayed in the back room of my classroom and was let know that he would be alright so during the experience I could focus on caring for my parents as they cared for him.  It is an experience that I base my faith on.  It happens to be Fletcher's birthday today too so even though I didn't plan it, it is a good day to post it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment