Monday, April 9, 2012

Number 1 & 2




Numbers one and two were completed in February. For my 40th birthday I decided that I didn't want to sit home and feel sorry for myself that I was forty and not married. I would go on a cruise and instead of feeling sorry for myself, feel sorry for the people who weren't on the cruise. I went to the Caribbean with 3 other friends and my mom and dad came too. We had a marvelous time in the sun and laying on the beach and enjoying the activities on the ship. I left the day of my birthday, so not much excitement on that day, but we did celebrate Rachel's birthday in the Bahamas so that was pretty fun. Cruise #1 CHECK.

As part of the cruise we went on an excursion where we snorkeled over a sunken ship in Aruba. I added this to the list later because it was CRAZY so I thought I could include it even though it already happened. The water was way choppy and it was about 1/2 a mile from the coast, so I was a little scared. "I was scared, but I liked it", was the quote from Danielle about jumping in the ocean from our ship, not the cruise ship, the one that took up to the sunken ship. I was a little nervous, but I waited until the crowd had thinned out and went for it. I was really crazy neat to see the ship about 60 feet from the top of the ocean laying in the water. Snorkeling over a sunken ship #2 CHECK.

No comments:

Post a Comment