Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Attending Holi



Last month I went to Holi with my niece and nephew. I invoke the grandfather clause on this one because it was cool, something I haven't done before and 40 is a lot of stuff. At this point my list is only in the 20's so I can add because well....it is my thing and I can do what I want. So we went to Holi. It was insanely crowded and to be truthful I don't know that I would go again. It was really fun though. The spirit of everyone just there to throw powder and enjoy on a beautiful spring Saturday was great. The kids really liked it, especially throwing colored powder on strangers. I tried to keep them from doing it too much but the receivers of the powder were playful with them, which is the whole spirit of the event. We were covered in powder. At first it is nice because it is a rainbow of colors but soon it all looks reddish brown. I was pleasantly surprised that it came out of all the clothes except my underwear. Also my flip flops have powder still on them so whenever I wear them it leaves a greenish hue to the top of my foot reminding me of the good times we had and that number 21 is complete. Number 21 CHECK.

No comments:

Post a Comment