Sunday, October 6, 2013

Number 13


Since I have lived in this house off of Pauline Drive I have wanted to paint the entrance.  It was rusting and paint was peeling off.  I feel like we live in a great neighbor but as you drive through the entrance it resembled less than the people who live there.  So using the work force and good works of the young women, we did it!!!  Mindy needed her good works project and the YW needed an activity of service.  Mindy and I planned it out and Trevor donated the paint.  (He paints for the church and we were going to use Elder Ballard's paint, however he grabbed the wrong one out of his garage, so it isn't as holy as we were planning).  The first night the girls prepared the cement by scrapping the chipped paint off and cleaned up the leaves around the entrances.  PS We expanded it to all four gates to both of the entrances to the neighborhood.  The girls also spray painted the ironworks.

The next week the girls painted the concrete white.  I unfortunately had parent-teacher conference so I could be there.  I really felt horrible but couldn't do anything about it.  I trusted that Mindy would be able to carry through the organization of finishing up.  It was a crazy busy night for me at conferences but I hurried home, however the girls were done.  As I drove into the neighbor I was so happy with how the girls had improved the look of our neighborhood.  I drove around the circle between the entrances a few times to look at it.   I am so proud of them for their willingness to do good works and do it with a happy heart.  I still need to go and touch up where white paint got on the iron but overall it looks soooooo dang good.   Number 13.....check.  







No comments:

Post a Comment