Sunday, September 30, 2012

Number 12 Skinny Dip


This was on the original list.  I didn't know when I would get the opportunity.  I knew it had to be soon because it is getting colder and I am not chunky dunking during the ice fishing season.  So we went to visit my parents in Wyoming and my dad took us fishing on Jackson Lake.  It was quite the eventful weekend.  We came late into the valley Friday night and were passing a car head on when there appeared two cows in the road and the oncoming car didn't see them at all and hit them both head on.  Fortunately the cows died instantly but we were seconds away from having one of the cows land on our windshield and seconds later would have hit the car head on as they swerved into our lane.  We were first responders.  Danielle went and helped the people, who were Chinese and couldn't communicate with on-star, as I called 911 and directed traffic coming up south end until the emergency people could get there.   So that was tramatic.  Then fishing on Jackson Lake a big storm came and my dad being more concerned with catching the fish on the line then the huge wave coming up over the boat.  We almost sunk.  So after we caught the fish, pulled the lines in, and found a quiet place out of the storm on the North end of Donohoe Island, I knew my chance to skinny dip had manifest itself.  So I went for it.  I took everything off except my tevas.  I didn't want to have to worry about walking in and out of the water quickly.  I thought the water would be freezing but it wasn't.  I jumped in and then hurried and got out.  But then I didn't feel like I got the most out of the experience because it was so fast so I jumped in again for another few minutes.   Now skinny dipping might not be for everyone, but you feel so one with nature.  It is so liberating.  It is really hard to describe unless you try it, especially in such a beautiful place as Jackson Lake.  I kinda knew that I would accomplish this one in Jackson Lake.  A lot of years ago, my dad and I went camping at Jackson Lake on the South shore.  It was an out of the way spot and we stayed in his gross camper.  I think one of his friends were with us but other than that we were seemingly all alone in nature.  In the early morning I got up early and went down to the shore to wash my face and brush my teeth.  It was just me and the trees and the lake.  It was a spiritually experience.  It was so peaceful.  The lake was like glass and there weren't any noises.  I washed up and it literally felt like I was the only person in the world and one with all that was around me and so apart of the greater whole.  I was at such peace.  I often visualize that as my "happy place", when I need to.   So skinny dippy there just seemed right.  When I returned to the boat my mom said "Did I see Courtney's white bare butt out there".  I guess it is easy to spot. 
The pile of clothes


Nature shots

Nature.  I liked how the rock was caught up in the roots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment